We’re determined to make Islington fairer. To create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
Like all councils, we are facing unprecedented challenges as a result of the impact of Covid-19, and we are doing everything we can to support our residents, our staff, local businesses, and the NHS. Delivering on our vision and priorities has never been more important. Could you play a role?
• Decent and genuinely affordable homes for all: building new council homes and preventing homelessness
• Jobs and opportunity: delivering an inclusive economy, supporting people into work and ensuring young people have the best possible start
• A safer borough for all: tackling ASB and ensuring young people are safe
• A greener and cleaner Islington: keeping Islington clean and tidy, encouraging greener travel, creating a healthier environment for all and tackling the climate crisis.
This challenging and rewarding 4-year scheme is designed to equip you with the skills and understanding you’ll need to carve out a successful career within public services and:
• achieve a professional accountancy qualification with CIPFA to become a Chartered Public Finance Accountant
• gain a breadth of work experience, both finance and non-finance through a structured programme of work placements
• access a suite of training courses and events, tailored to you to maximise your professional, strategic, and personal development
• receive expert guidance and mentoring throughout the programme
• discover an excellent benefits package that improves as your training progresses
• realise long-term career opportunities at Islington Council when your scheme ends.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to help us create a fairer borough. Sound like you? Apply and join our team.
“I joined Islington as a History graduate with very little financial and accounting knowledge, but have learnt so much through the combination of my CIPFA studies and putting this into practise in my placements day-to-day. Islington is a really interesting borough to work in, and is a great working environment as well. Colleagues and mentors are really supportive and understanding of the challenges of undertaking studies while working.” Lucy, History, Cardiff University